Sunday, May 17, 2009

Important Announcement: New Direction for The Veritas Show

To my Veritas Show partners around the world:

What was meant to be a recorded telephone call between Milton Torres and I, back in December 2008, has turned into something I did not expect. It has massively exceeded my expectations, as it relates to the response I have received from those who have honored me by listening.

In such a short amount of time, I have had the privilege of interviewing some of the best personalities in multiple fields. From the beginning, I shared with you the fact I am not an expert on anything; however, I can talk about many subjects. I sit behind the chair and the microphone, as the bridge between you and the guests: a liaison. Nothing more.

I have produced this show on my day off, taking time from my business and family. You could say I have not taken a day off since I started back in December. That is fine. I enjoyed every minute of it. However, I have a plethora of limitations that prevent me from reaching the show's full potential.

Have you ever found a task or activity you liked and wondered if that could be all you did because you enjoy it so much? Did you ever wonder if it could be your career? If I had all the time and money in the world I would do this all the time, as my true passion is here. But the reality is that I do not have all the time nor the financial resources.

I love doing the show but I cannot continue forever, as I am not doing the show, the guests, and the audience, the justice that they deserve. I would like to have the freedom to focus on the show, make it better and expand it into something really great.

That is why I am taking the next step and wanted you to hear it first. First, how could I free myself from my other responsibilities without jeopardizing them? How could I make this a career and actually investigate and interview in person? How could I improve the format and offer more than what I have been able to offer? It all boiled down to one thing: RESOURCES.

Many of you have been kind enough in supporting this project, and I wholeheartedly thank you. But in order to create more value and dedicate myself to this I had to take the following step, and at the same time being cognizant and sensitive to the audience.

Effective today, I have made the decision to implement a subscription service for Veritas. How will it work, you ask? Each show will be divided into two parts. The first part will be available to everyone. The second part will be available to our members only. That way, potential subscribers can listen and make an informed decision if they wish to subscribe.

Again, I took many variables into consideration in order to come up with a sensible figure that made sense to you and to the project. The subscription will cost $15.95 USD for a 3-month period and it self renews. You can cancel at any time. Although I expect to have one show per week, I have to give myself the flexibility, in case of an emergency, a guest cancelling at the last minute, holidays, etc. That is why I am promising to produce 48 shows per year (at least). If you calculate that on a per-show basis, it comes up to $1.33 USD per show. How much do you pay these days for a movie ticket? Where I am it is close $10.00. My goal is to continue gauging what the audience wants and I will continue looking for the best of the best to interview.

Take Pane "Astralwalker" Andov as an example. He had never been interviewed before and we have received lots of praise. Robert Morning Sky had not granted an interview for ten years and he accepted our invitation. It goes to show you that the Veritas system is working and by making this change, it can only get us so much closer to the truth. If you were going to conduct an expedition, would you go with 10% of the necessary equipment? That is the analogy I would like to use. With the new format, I will be able to potentially conduct "our expedition" with the necessary equipment to succeed.

I actually have many plans to take this show higher and higher. How would you like it if I could sit down with a Hopi elder and interview him with a camera, while staying with the tribe? How would you like it if I could afford the newest infrared camera to show you what we could see in our skies so that I can share it all with you.

In addition to the above, I have done extensive benchmarking and found that many other forums charge for their membership (i.e, Project Avalon, Enterprise Mission, etc.) I do not want to charge for this forum; however, I will include it as a bonus to the Veritas subscribers. In other words, in order to maintain your membership here, you have to be a subscriber to The Veritas Show.

This will accomplish many things. It will stop the spammers; it will increase participation and prevent those who just drop by once and never come back. We want to create a true community, and at the same time create a sense of value. The PDF files I posted recently alone caused our bandwidth to significantly exceed our limits.

To subscribe, simply head on to our Web site [url]VeritasShow.com[/url] and clock on the "Subscribe" button. As of today, there are two players. One is available to everyone and plays the first portion of each show. And there is an additional player inside the members section that plays both segments. In the next few days I will have a download feature for the premium files. Podcast and iTunes will only offer the first segment and, once I include the links to part 2 for each guest, you will be able to download the files as a member.

I thank you for being part of this growing community and hope I can count on you, as I want this to be my new career and dedicate the time and the resources so that the Veritas movement can truly turn into what it is meant to be. I apologize for the long message, but I wanted to be as transparent as possible.

Most sincerely and In Veritas,

Mel Fabregas
The Veritas Show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...