Saturday, September 29, 2012

How can we save our dying coral reefs?

 

As the first of the world's ecosystems faces extermination at our hands, Gaia Vince looks at efforts to protect our underwater gardens worldwide.

 I was the neoprene queen – Jacques Cousteau had nothing on me. Suckered into a tight black wetsuit, weight-belt on, the air-tank octopus grazing the back of my head, and my knees buckling under the burden of it all, I waited. Perspiration streamed down my face and prickled the back of my neck as I swayed heavily in the sweltering sun, eager to make my ungainly splash into the cool Coral Sea, off the north-east coast of Australia.

For the rest of the story:  http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120905-save-our-dying-coral-reefs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...