Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Leading Pediatricians' Group Recommends Parents Reduce Pesticides at Home

  

Children are particularly vulnerable to the potentially toxic effects of pesticides, and steps should be taken to limit kids' exposure to these chemicals as much as possible, pediatricians say.

Kids are exposed to pesticides everyday through the air, dust and soil, and their food, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, which published a report today (Nov. 26) about the topic.

Exposure to high doses of pesticides, which can occur if a child unintentionally ingests a product such as weed or insect killer, is known to cause serious problems, including vomiting, breathing problems, seizures and even death. [See Is Pesticide Spraying Safe?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...