Monday, May 13, 2013

The Coming Attempt to Impeach Obama

When the histories of this administration are written, I hope fervently that last Friday, May 10, does not figure prominently in them. But I fear that it might: the double-barrel revelations that the White House hasn’t quite been telling the whole story on Benghazi and that some mid-level IRS people targeted some Tea Party groups for scrutiny are guaranteed to ramp up the crazy. But to what extent? I fear it could be considerable, and the people in the White House damn well better fear the same, or we’re going to be contemplating an extremely ugly situation come 2015, especially if the Republicans have held the House and captured the Senate in the by-elections.

President Barack Obama  

President Barack Obama gestures as he speak during his visits Manor New Technology High School on May 9, 2013 in Manor, Texas. (Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP.

Let me clarify a point that’s been going around. On MSNBC Friday, I broached the I-word. You know the one. Three syllables. Links Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton. I said something like: I have little doubt the Republicans would try to pursue it—something I’ve written dozens of times without readers really batting an eye. But I guess saying it on TV, and on a fateful day, is different. I was on the business end of a small number of angry tweets from liberal readers, and I see that the UK Daily Mail trotted out my statement in a way that made it sound as if I thought it was legitimate.

For the rest of the story: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/12/the-coming-attempt-to-impeach-obama.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...