The apple of Newton's eye and the focus of Einstein's work, gravity is weaker than you probably think and weirder than you probably imagined.
1. Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi said the Force “surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.” He could have been talking about gravity. Its attractive properties literally bind the galaxy together, but it also “penetrates” us, extending physically through us, keeping us bound to Earth.
2. Unlike the Force, with its dark and light sides, gravity has no duality; it only attracts, never repels.
3. NASA is trying to develop tractor beams that could move physical objects, creating an attractive force that would trump gravity.
4. Passengers on amusement park rides and the International Space Station experience microgravity — incorrectly known as zero gravity — because they fall at the same speed as the vehicles.
5. Someone who weighs 150 pounds on Earth would — if it were possible to stand on Jupiter — weigh a whopping 354 pounds on the enormous gas giant. Larger masses have greater gravity.
For the rest of the story: http://discovermagazine.com/2013/julyaug/23-20-things-you-didnt-know-about-gravity#.Ue2vOqx0Zdh