Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What Happens When You Go Knocking On The NSA’s Door

I was curious about the NSA’s massive data processing center, so I went and took a look. That didn’t make the NSA too happy.  
 
“Excuse me, what are you doing here?” It was a fair question. But the next one confused me.

“Why do you have a backpack?” Did he think I was a hiker that took the wrong path? I often carry a backpack. Why would he care? 

And then, of course, it dawned on me. Everything’s a potential threat when you’re on private military land, home to the National Security Agency’s massive data processing center. Which is exactly where I was, with my bag, looking around.

He was an NSA police officer, in an all-black uniform with a shiny badge, dark shades, and an NSA baseball cap. His white SUV had red and blue flashing LED lights in the back side window. 

Who was I? Where was I from? Where was I going? What was I doing there? Didn’t I know that I wasn’t supposed to be there? The questions went on.

For the rest of the story: http://www.buzzfeed.com/justinesharrock/what-happens-when-you-go-knocking-on-the-nsas-door

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...