Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stealth Assault on Health: Beverages Pack Calorie Punch (Op-Ed)

juice-110323-02 

Katherine Tallmadge, M.A., R.D., is a registered dietitian, author of "Diet Simple: 195 Mental Tricks, Substitutions, Habits & Inspirations" (LifeLine Press, 2011) and a frequent national commentator on nutrition topics. This article was adapted from one that first appeared in the Washington Post.  Tallmadge contributed this article to LiveScience's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights.

Juicing is all the rage these days, with juice cleanses, celebrity-sponsored juicers and Starbucks opening its first juice bar. 

I've been drinking orange juice every morning of my life. You'd think I'd be sick of it by now. But every morning, I look forward to my "sunshine in a glass,"and it never disappoints — especially when it's fresh-squeezed. I could live on the stuff. Just thinking about it makes me salivate!

For the rest of the story: http://www.livescience.com/38694-keeping-calories-from-juice-in-check.html

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...